Friday, July 16, 2010

Sherrelwood Elementary Hunt


I had plans this morning, plans to finally get out on a real hunt here in CO. The g/f had an early tee-time playing golf with her mother, so I got up at the same time and drove off to the g/f's old elementary school. We had driven past it a few times, noticed it had a nice huge sandy tot lot and a great view of Denver.



I spent a little over an hour at the spot with my XLT. Getting used to this Colorado soil is still a challenge. Targets in the ground really seem to hit higher than I'm used to. For example, pennies seem to hit in the low 70's, dimes in the high 80's and quarters right about 90. Comparatively, in the Virginia soil I learned and loved, pennies generally were in the mid 60's, dimes 80-81 range, and quarters regularly hitting at about 86. But with this high mineralization soil, and the high hitting VDI's, a deep silver program might work as an everyday hunt program for coins.



Take for the day was $1.79 over 32 coins.

No comments: