Saturday, July 10, 2010

Girlfriend's Intro to The Hobby


After a morning spent picking up our brand new 2-piece sectional couch and then lunch with her Grandpa, we didn't have much else to do for the day. And since the little miss wants to try metal detecting with me here in the near future, I figured it was time to start letting her learn to use my X-Terra 30.

She didn't want to be seen by all the neighbors in the front yard, so we hunted one part of our side yard. The ground was good for digging, but sadly, the good targets were pretty nonexistent. She is now the self-proclaimed "Nail Queen" as probably 90% of her finds were nails. I still don't understand this Colorado soil... even on the X-Terra, which I learned and found a bunch of silver with in VA, I just couldn't predict it here. All the penny hits were nails, hell, even a few dime and quarter hits were nails. Granted, most of them were non-repeating, broken signals, ut to learn, I had her dig 'em all so she could get a feel.

As you can see from the pic, $0.12 with a dime and two pennies, and then a load of nails.

No comments: