Monday, July 26, 2010

Parfet Park Afternoon


The girlfriend knew I had been itching for a chance to get out with the machine. So she said, "Hey, why don't we go downtown and you can metal detect Parfet Park while I sit in the shade under a tree and read?" How could I not say no!?

Parfet park is in prime territory in historic downtown Golden. On the land that is now the park the very first building was erected. Sadly, everyone in the area knows this and the park gets pounded daily, and probably has for years.

I talked to a few people during my outting, one being a guy who missed the hobby, and seeing me made him feel like dusting off his old machine and getting back into it. Another guy told me he saw two fellas around 530 this morning hitting the park. Which makes perfect sense because the reason I was there was that Buffalo Bill Days has been going on and the park has been filled with people the past few days.



Anyhow, I ended up with a good two hours of swinging and was rewarded with $1.44 over 24 coins as well as a neat "Virgo" Zodiac charm and a Golden, Colorado button with the periodic table element symbol for "Gold".



No comments: