Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pocket Change Lincolns


So I got home yesterday and pretty much did nothing. So today after I picked up Taylor I was to make sure she had her homework done so she could go to the pumpkin patch. So part of the homework was "Penny Math." To do this, you start out with 10 or 15 pennies... then with each hand you grab what you can, count them, and add them together... simple.


Anyway, for pennies, I reach into our community change jar in the living room. I dumped it all out and was quite surprised to see some pretty shiny, new looking pennies in there. Now I haven't received any of the 4 styles of 2009 Lincoln cents in change anywhere in VA, so I was curious. I did get 3 of the 2nd design released at the Charlotte, NC airport a few months back though.


So anyway, I check them, and most of them are the 3rd design, known as the "Professional Life in Illinois" strike. So now I have 50% of the 2009 designs... I hope I can complete the set.

No comments: