Sunday, October 25, 2009

Larchmont with a friend, then FOOTBALL

To lead off, I would just like to mention that my grandparents just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last night... one reason why I was out until midnight and then up until about 4am...



That being said, I was up at 630am getting stuff ready to head out and meet a member of FMDF, "dfxing virginia" out in Larchmont for an early AM hunt. When I got in last night I noticed I had a message from him reminding me about it, and I'm glad he did because I totally forgot. So I was in the truck and at the park by 730am.



The target for the day was Larchmont Park at the corner of Hampton Blvd. and Bolling Ave. in Norfolk. The spot has some good history as you can by picture, but I was betting money it had already been pillaged years before. But we were hopeful there'd be something left.



Well... there wasn't. We hunted around for just less than three hours and didn't leave with much more than a few bucks in clad and a pouch full of trash. My total haul for the day was 34 coins @ $3.60, and a "looks like" silver dolphin earring. These 34 coins put me at the 1,000 coin mark for the year, yay!




I had to leave around 11am to head back home and get some snack ready for gameday. A friend of mine was coming over, so I spent the rest of the day in front of the TV. In the following pictures you can see the goodies. I made hot wings, fried pickles, and then a little something I like to call "Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites". Bet you wish you got to have some!




No comments: