Saturday, October 17, 2009

Alanton + CHX Hunt


Today was a day to be away from the apartment all day. Air filters where being changed, so me and kitty had to be elsewhere. Ash took Zoe to her parents house in the morning while I headed to the bank to deposit some money, the gas station to fill up, and the to Grandma's to visit.


I hung out for a few hours chatting with Grandma about any and everything new in life. My Aunt showed up as well so it was a good visit. After, I went out in the front yard of my Uncle's house to do what I really came over for... swing and dig. The neighborhood was built in the 60's sometime, so I knew it would be iffy to find any silver, but I gave it a shot. I stayed about an hour and was teased by a '66 Quarter... and then a '50 Wheat penny. I had a few hours til 3 when i needed to pick up kitty and head home, so I ran some other errands and then ended up at a church built in the 50's along Sparrow Rd. in Chesapeake. I dug there for 45 minutes or so, landing another wheatie, this time a '46-D... not much else.


A decent hunts worth, 26 coins @ $1.58.


No comments: