Monday, October 19, 2009

ERBC: Chesapeake


I headed back out to the church off Sparrow Rd. in Chesapeake where I found the '46-D wheat just recently. Sadly, there wasn't much else to find this evening. The church itself has to at least be as old as the community it sits in, which would date to sometime in the 1950's, so one might think that it could be a candidate for a bit of silver coinage, even if only Rosie's and silver Washingtons.


I started in the back, towards their picnic and tot lot area. All around the play area the dimes just kept hitting one after the other... but then it just dried up. Surely the area has been hit before, but we can always dream. I did happen to find a bullet under a tree root, gave a nice hit on the XLT.


I decided to head around up front and the signals started coming back, a quarter here and there, some memorials, but nothing special. Here's the take with 17 coins @ $1.52.


No comments: