Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CO Trip, Books + Tokens


I spent the past week in Colorado visiting a friend and experiencing some of the state. It has 10+ years since I remember traveling through and seeing my Great Aunt who lived in Colorado Springs, so it was nice to return. I wasn't prepared for the cold, and witnessed the first snow of the year in Golden.


I had high hopes of going to see the Rockies in the playoffs against the Phillies, or even the Broncos hosting the Patriots, but both fell through. But I had many other adventures on the trip so it was all good. Below are images of said adventures. As far as nature goes, I made it out to Red Rocks, and also Estes Park, which is an entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park. Estes Park is also where the hotel from the movie, The Shining is located. I also HAD to visit Casa Bonita, a huge, themed Mexican restaurant that I first heard of from watching South Park, and couldn't believe it was real. I saved a token from here.


On my last full day there I made it out to Gold-N-Detectors, a sweet prospecting and MD shop in downtown Golden that is a must visit if you are ever in the area. It's run by a fun gentleman by the name of Bill. He has all sorts of cache finds displayed, and many machines to play around with in the store, or across the street at Cleer Creek History Park. Bill gave me a token on my way out after purchasing two books for my XLT.


Enjoy the pics!


















No comments: