Thursday, July 24, 2008

From The Archive: Made It Out To the Beach Again 7-24-08

So I had planned on getting out to the beach today, and my friend Denise joined me for an hour out there. We went down about 50 blocks past the resort area of Va Bch to around 82nd street, and didn't expect to find much, it was more to just get out.

And we didn't, only $0.15 in clad, 1 dime and 5 pennies. It was nice and cool out, but the rain was on our heels.

We did manage to meet a very friendly chap by the name of Don, or was it Dan... Don I think. He's an Excalibur owner and a member at Findmall. He came over and introduced himself, asked how we were doing, and how he wasn't doing much better after scanning about 11 blocks of the surf, haha. He told me how this past weekend down in the resort area a buddy of his found 3 silver rings and two gold... very nice. So that's my first fellow detectorist (is that even a word?) meet, very cool.

As you can see by the pics, very overcast, dreary day.

No comments: