Friday, July 18, 2008

From The Archive: Almost lost more than I found 7-17-08

So I finally decided to go somewhere to hunt outside of walking distance. There is a community park with a tot lot about 3 miles from me that I pass frequently and have always wanted to hit it... so tonight from about 930p to 1030p I was there.

Brigadoon Community Park off of Lynnhaven Pkwy.

It was dark, so no one else was there... well that lasted about 15 mins until some people showed up and just sat at one of the grill areas in the dark... I could hear them talking.

I started off in coin mode and was getting zilch for hints... then went all metal and starting pulling in stuff. Wasn't a great outing as you can see, and if you didn't know, you'd think maybe I was hunting the beach by the finds, haha.

I did manage to find my first button, apparently from a modern Oscar Piel men's leather jacket.

And finally I found an earing that appears to be silver (Pic #3)... can't remember what it registered as. It has a very small Hallmark and also possibly what seems to be a .925, not so sure... I'll need a magnifying glass to really be able to see it. I can't get a good enough image with the camera w/o macro lenses to do it that way.

So now onto the title of of this thread. The cripple (my g/f) texted me and said to bring home ice cream. No problem, but when I got to the grocery store... I had no wallet. I remembered placing it on top of my truck box before I left the park... so I drove back to it, re-drove the same route... nothing. So I started thinking in my head where could it have gone? Maybe someone is returning it to me house right now... nope. As it turns out, when I put on the brakes at a stop sign, it slid forward and ended up wedged between my truck box and the back of the cab. Gosh i felt relieved to not have lost it. And better yet, I now could now buy ice cream, yay!

No comments: