Sunday, July 20, 2008

From The Archive: Late Hunt 7-19-08

On this late night, I wanted to get over and hit up City View Park off of Kempsville, pretty much on the other side of the school behind my apartments. I had been over to the bulletin boards and stuff in the park during the day to see if there were any notices, or anything in the park rules regulating the use of MDrs in the park, and I saw none.

The parks gates are closed at night, so I felt I kinda was not supposed to be there. But I walked in through the back way by the school. This place has a few tot lots. One way out by the baseball fields, of which I have yet to check, and two others by the basketball courts that seem to get lots of use during the day. They seemed prime to give up some treasures.

Well, unfortunately they didn't. This place seemed to be picked clean for the most part. All through the wood chips I found pretty much nothing. The washers and bolt you see in the pic I found in there though. Most of the night's finds came from the sand volleyball pit right there next to the playground. In it I found my first Hot Wheels, and fittingly, it was a Dune Buggy, haha.

Ended up with $0.50 in clad for the night.

No comments: