Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lincoln Rail Splitters


When the log cabin Lincoln cents came out at the beginning of the year, I put word out to a few bank tellers letting them know of my interest to get a roll. Nearly 7 months in now, and they still don't have them. Making matters worse, not only is it just the log cabin variety, but the rail splitters are out too. Locally in VA, still none.


I was traveling to New Orleans yesterday for work and had a very lengthy layover in Charlotte, NC, so I stopped by the food court at Burger King for some grub. In my 8 cents of change back from my order, I noticed three brilliant, seemingly uncirculated coins staring back at me. THREE RAIL SPLITTERS! Just awesome. Now I don't feel so left out.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yeah, nothing here in Seattle yet either...