Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In The Treasure Corner with Dan Hughes

Back in August, only a few short months after I pulled the good 'ol ACE 250 out of the closet and really got into metal detecting, I caught wind of one Mr. Dan Hughes. While browsing around my favorite place on the net, FMDF, I came across a thread about a book. Turns out Dan had authored a book on the hobby, and it seemed to be pretty good. Sadly, I never bought his book :( But in reading about it, I was introduced to him and his knowledge.

Later that same month, something awesome happened. Dan started a Podcast available to all, via the web. To me, this was perfect. I could be anywhere; at home, or out in the middle of the ocean... and be able to subscribe and download his latest stories and tips to listen to at my leisure.

His series covers all sorts of topic regarding the great hobby of metal detecting. These include things like:

- How to Obtain Permission to Hunt Ground
- How to Understand Depths and What You Might Find There
- How to Deal With Pesky Onlookers

Dan is currently working on the 9th installment, and I personally can't wait. Be sure to check it all out over at The Treasure Corner. (http://danhughes.libsyn.com/index.php?post_category=treasure)

No comments: