Saturday, November 1, 2008

World Coin Update

I first want to thank two good fellas over at FMDF for informing me about the Krause Standard Catalogs for World Coins. Unlike in the US where one book, the Red Book can pretty much cover it all, coins worldwide need many volumes. Tom and Rudy, thanks!

I don't have any old foreign coins, nor am I seeking them, but I have plenty of contemporary pieces, so I decided to get the two volumes spanning 1900 to present.

Anybody interested in these books, Barnes & Noble and other book stores should have them in stock, or just try eBay where I was able to get both books new, for $13 less than I could at B&N with my Member discount.

I would now like to thank a few people who have been gracious enough to help in my quest for expanding my World Coin collection of low denomination issues. Many have even sent, or pledged items without wanting anything in return, and to that I can not be more humbled.

Mark from Idaho
Scott from Massachusetts
Kris from Indiana
Craig from Connecticut
Justin from Texas
Jim from New Jersey
Alan from England
Mike from Virginia
Joe from Ohio
Per from Norway

Thanks guys! From whatever you guys send off, and from the few low priced auctions from eBay, I hope to have a pretty neat collection.

I'll update everyone of the results when they come in!

No comments: