Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/17 Parking Lot, Trantwood + ES Chapel

After dinner last night I had the itch. All this rain over the past week has really made hunting conditions ideal. As I was gathering my equipment I realized I couldn't find my flashlight. And well, hunting at night w/o one is next to impossible. First stop, Wal*Mart!

But as I got to my truck I thought to myself, I'll swing the MD right here in the grassy spot behind my truck in the parking lot here at the apartments. Granted, no light, but I'll see what happens. A few minutes later, I had pulled 10 coins... 9 memorials and a nickel. Pinpointers are so awesome

I made it out to the Wal*Mart that was on the way to the spot I wanted to hunt. Picked up a great light, very small, VERY bright, and a set of warm, finger-tipless gloves.

When I made it out to my destination, a school I had raided the TL's months before, it was cold. Probably about 40F if not colder, but with the gloves and my hoodie, plenty warm. The parking lot was packed, so I decided to hit up the field on the far side of the school next to the road. It has a baseball diamond and sees plenty of action. About an hour in I was getting a few hits here and there, but mostly trash. On the backstretch heading back to the truck I pulled a corroded wheat and a smashed up .925 ring! That would be ring #4, but only the first that is not junk. I didn't know it was silver until I got home, but sure was hoping while I was out in the field It's beat up pretty bad... any tips on banging it out?



I was about to head home when I remembered a friend and I were out this way a week or so ago and spotted a TL behind my grandparents church. So I drove the mile or so over to it and unloaded. Again, parking lot full, but everyone was leaving. I walked towards the back where the TL was and eff, the whole TL is fenced in, with the only access from inside the church There were a bunch of picnic tables around and a makeshift stone alter nestled off in the brush, so I hit that up and pulled a few more coins and this button of which I know nothing about.




Anyway, that was my night, probably about 2 hours of diggin. $1.09 in coins total.

No comments: