Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TX Huntin', Nov 21, 23 & 25

I was able to get a good 3-4 hours of MD'ing in over 3 days of my week long trip to TX. I had been in contact with a guy by the name of Aaron Mclain of Granbury, TX's Parks and Rec Dept. about detecting in the town. And he graciously replied, short and sweet:

"I can only speak for the city parks and city athletic fields. We do not allow digging in the city parks. It can create uneven playing surfaces and hazards for others. You can visit the city beach and use the detector in that area and dig holes as long as they are covered back up. unfortunately, most of the Brazos River shoreline is privately owned and access is limited."

That being said, I took it upon my first day there to hit up the towns' beach upon the man-made Lake Granbury. Sadly, there wasn't much to be found there, only 4 coins... but hey, apparently the beach has only been there a few months. That same day I found a few more odds an ends, 30-06 brass casings, 4 more coins... and old iron tool pieces in my parents front yard. Nothing exciting.


Two days later I decided to try my luck in the area right next to my parents where I know there used to be a trailer that had been rented out. It's no longer there, but surely the people that lived there left something? The finds there were meager at best. A few coins, 40oz bottle tops, pull tabs, and lots of trash.


My last day of hunting ended up being a night hunt. We didn't get back from Austin until the sun was setting, so I grabbed a flashlight and made the most of it. All these finds were in the front yard and side yard. I'm glad I stuck at it, 'cuz I pulled a '41 wheat! WOO!


No comments: