Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kids Reunite WWII Vet With Dog Tag


Though not a MD find, I'd be willing to bet that due to this find, these couple kids will join our hobby community in the near future. A nice video to accompany the story on the jump.

"A prized possession lost for more than six decades has been returned to its rightful owners this week, thanks to some pint-sized treasure hunters in Carterville.

Maddox Crain, 6, and Gauge Mitchell, 8, discovered an old military dog tag while they were playing near their daycare this week.

'He was just going across the bridge and I was behind him, and I just looked at the dirt and see if I could jump over. And I just saw a necklace sticking out of the ground,' said Crain.

The necklace was actually a World War II-era dog tag with a ring attached. The boys dug it out of the dirt and took it to the woman who runs their daycare to settle a dispute."

Read more HERE.

No comments: