Saturday, February 19, 2011

Coins at the Gun Show


I headed out this morning to the February 2011 edition of the Tanner Gun Show up in Denver. I had a great day walking around checking out all the guns, swords, knives, militaria... and yes, even coins!

I spied quite a few vendors there selling coins and many were also looking to buy gold and silver at the mornings opening spot price, forseeing the impending rise in the metal markets.



I'm not a coin collector, or collector of currency really at all (though I do have my stash of foreign and domestic coins I've gathered), but I can appreciate the artistry and the historical significance of the coins and just overall really love looking at them.



Lastly... who goes to a gun show and doesn't buy... a gun!? I had one in mind before going. The local gun shop down the street from my house wanted nearly the $900 MSRP for this beauty. The first vendor at the show I saw ith it wouldnt go lower than $650 + tax. I ended up finding it for $599 out the door from another vendor. Gotta love it. I took the pic above myself. It's a Taurus PT-1911 AR .45 ACP. The military patches are my unit patch from the up in CT, the 94th RRC (Regional Readiness Command), and then my "war" patch, the 377th TSC (Theater Support Command).

No comments: