Sunday, January 3, 2010

Now Streaming from GOLDEN, CO


That's right everyone, I packed up in Virginia Beach, VA and now call Golden, CO my home. To downsize the detector stash and help finance the trip I told my Garrett ACE 250 w/ the Sunray YF-1 inline probe, and also my White's Dual Field Surf PI. Both are in better homes where I'm sure they'll see more action than I was giving them. I'd like to give a shout out to my buddy JB down in Sunrise, FL who stuck it out with the USPS and got the package finally.


So yeah, I was all packed up and ready to leave yesterday afternoon. Got gas and headed west. I left at about noon-thirty EST and trucked it all the way to just outside of St. Louis, MO the first day. I stopped in Lexington, VA, Ashland, KY and Shiloh, IL for gas.


After getting a good 6 hours of sleep at a Holiday Inn Express, and yes, I sooo thought of those commercials, I got back on the road Sunday morning and made it all the way to here in Golden, CO by 9:45p MST. The second day I stopped in Odessa, MO, Salina, KS and Burlington, CO for gas.


No matter how you look at it, I killed that drive. Google Maps says 27 hours, I think I did it at least in 24 not counting my hours of rest. But here are a few pics from the trip that I was able to get, none are that great, but hey. Some things you'll see along the way are snowy roads, which last the ENTIRE trip. Cars spun out on the side of the road, I saw 5. The Kansas City Royals stadium, the KC skyline. The Arch is St. Louis "Gateway to the West," Ft. Riley, and the last two pics are in CO.

















No comments: