Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Hunt of 2010


Well, if you want to call it that. Being used to Virginia Beach and the fact that even when it's cold, the ground never really freezes and I can detect all year, I sure wasn't prepared for the tundra here in Colorado.



I first noticed what I'm guessing are deer tracks in the snow in my front yard, it's the only logical answer, and if you do an image search in Google for "Deer Tracks", you find similar ones. They seem to about the size that would indicate a slightly over 3 year old deer, just my opinion.


I went out in my front yard today, and was pleased that the snow really didn't effect the XLT much, and with the coil cover on, it slid across the surface real nice... took a lot of the weight and effort out of the swing. The ground sure was tough, a 2" hole was really all I could muster. It was like chipping concrete. Sadly, besides finding out that apparently I have a grass sprinkler system that rings up a solid +88, I didn't find much... just a few clad coins. There weren't even really trash signals either, so when the ground thaws I'll get back into it.




And lastly, I had a bunch of furry visitors as well, Fox Squirrels. There were 5 running around, and after some careful observation, two were together, and the others were trying to move in on the girl.



2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey you are in Golden! I am in Golden usually twice a year - maybe our paths will cross and we can do some beep-beep'ing together! Cool!

Be sure to spend lots of time at Gold-n-Detectors and say hi to Bill. Love that store.....

James M Lambert said...

Thanks for comment. Anytime you're in Golden feel free to contact me. I've seen Bill twice since being in the area, it's nice having a shop like his so close.