Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back in the Gulf, on Tau


Hey everyone! I'm back to work in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm on a new (to me) boat, the Geco Tau, only 1200m from my old boat in the fleet, the Odyssey. I'm still getting used to the different surroundings, so hopefully they grow on me. I'm also on a new shift. Instead of working noon to midnight like I did on Odyssey, I'm on midnight to noon here. That's taking some getting used to, I'm already half asleep halfway through shift.


It's good I know a few folks on here, two of which I met recently when I was in Abu Dhabi. There is a pic from my Abu Dhabi/Dubai post of me and two other guys, they are Ray and Randy, both are here now. Also, a guy I worked with on the Odyssey, Dave Johnson is here now too. It's nice to see familiar faces, helps you not feel like a stranger. Dave showed up with the coolest shirt ever, and he knew I liked it so much he gave it to me. It's a blue shirt with a gangsta Popeye on the front and it says, "I'm On A Boat!" How perfectly awesome is that!? Well, back to work, hope it's a good one!


No comments: