Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back home, score silver!


Good afternoon all! As some of you may have noticed, I've been in the UAE all the past week for work related activities and just got home at 11p last night. My buddy "dfxing virginia" from FMDF promptly texted me to remind me of our plans for a hunt this morning in Hampton at 8a.


We headed out that way and hunted the area around Memorial Baptist and pretty much found nothing but trash and clad, it was rather disappointing for a turn of the century neighborhood. If there was good stuff around, we completely missed it. Though in our defense, this is home turf for the Hampton Roads Recovery Society, and I'm sure they've hit up much of the old neighborhoods. We left the place scratching our heads, but thankfully I had another place up my sleeve.



Next stop was the area off of Witchduck Rd. in Virginia Beach where the city bought up all the homes to tear down for road expansion. It's all grassed over now and ripe for the picking. We rolled up, geared up, and got to swingin'. And what do you know, in the first 20 mins, I pull two silvers. A '44 Merc and a '57 Rosie. The Merc was my very first plug dug on the site.



Anyway, we covered a lot of ground, possibly quicker than we should have, because out of the next couple hours, those two silver dimes were the only ones to come outta the ground. We both managed a few bucks in clad, and I fished out 6 wheats, but overall I felt there should have been more.



We found lots of odd and ends as well. I know I found a automotive thermostat and a few fence post tops. Landed another couple keys, that's 6 in my last few hunts. I've given them all to my hunting partners son. I also found what I thought was a gold bracelet, but it turns out it's "gold toned". It's made by Monet, an antique costume jeweler.



So that's the day, 60 coins $4.13.


No comments: