Saturday, September 5, 2009

Beach, Music, + Fireworks

I sent Hollis a message earlier in the day seeing if he wanted to hit up the beach this evening, or rather hit up some open residential lots in Virginia Beach on Sunday. He messaged me on his way out saying he was off to the beach. So about 10 minutes to 8p tonight I met him up there... and he had already snagged a Coach charm thingie and a bunch of clad.



I walked from 35th down to 30th in the wet sand and didn't find much other than some clad. On the way back in the dry, not much more than bottle tops and other trash. I did have one really good signal tonight in the wet stuff I was hoping to be something good. After quite a few scoops and about 10" down (and the waves filling my hole back up), I finally pulled it up... a freakin' coke can!!! So anticlimactic. On my way headed back to 35th and out, I didn't see Hollis again, so either he left or was hitting up the other way. Hope he scored some goodies.


All this weekend the beach is having the 16th Annual American Music Festival, which is the largest yearly outdoor music event on the East coast. This year big acts like Heart (they played tonight), Boyz II Men and The Black Crowes were performing. So needless to say, the two and a quarter hours I was at the beach tonight, there was plenty of activity. I'm sure the early morning looters will have a good time.


So here's the nut, $1.06 over 13 coins, blegh.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monday morning would be a good day to hit the site. I sure wish I could be there Sunday night to catch Luther Dickinson playing with the Black Crowes!