Thursday, June 9, 2011

Uncovering the 55th Mass.


I had seen this video quite some time ago as a member of FMDF was involved with this find. It's an incredible story and I emplore you to take a look.

"Robert Bohrn had his 15 minutes of fame in the 1990s when CNN, “Good Morning America,” and PBS’s “The Collectors” reported on his Charleston, SC restaurant Moultrie Tavern, decorated with Bohm’s trove of Civil War artifacts and featuring Civil War period fare like game pie. But ironically, Bohrn’s stand-out achievement is as unknown as the black Civil War soldiers he and his friend Eric Croen raised from the Folly Beach earth in 1989.

“I became a Civil War relic hunter when I was 10. I bought my first metal detector when I was fourteen,” says the Charleston, SC native.

“If I had 10 lifetimes I would never find anything better then the 19 soldiers of the 55th Massachusetts,” Bohrn says."

Read more and see the video HERE.

No comments: